Are Quick Weight Loss Diets Healthy?
So many people are lying on their couch right now trying to figure out a solution to quick weight loss. The truth is it is possible to lose weight quickly; however, quick weight loss is not preferred.
Is It Possible to Lose Weight Quickly?
Today, there are a large number of diets, pills and procedures for quick weight loss. Some of these quick weight loss methods actually work.
However, it is important to remember that any diet or treatment that helps you lose weight in a week or less will not help you maintain the weight loss for any period of time.
Quick weight loss is the unhealthiest way to lose weight. It is best to keep the weight loss down to around one kilogram a week, which is safe.
The best part about a proper diet and fitness routine is that once you lose the weight, it is so much easier to keep off than weight lost through quicker methods.
What Are The Dangers of Losing Weight Too Quickly?
Quick weight loss is harmful to your body. You will see results of a drastic diet or other quick weight loss program for up to five days after you stop using it. Then, the weight will return just as fast as it left. In fact, there is no way to guarantee that you will not actually put on more weight than you originally lost.
Many people believe that surgical procedures are the answer to quick weight loss. However, even surgery is not a guarantee. The surgical procedure is expensive as well as dangerous. In addition, your body may come out maimed with scars.
The end result of quick weight loss surgery will not be maintained if you fail to stick to a healthy diet and exercise routine and the weight will come right back.
Most recently, an operation for quick weight loss is becoming more and more talked about that reduces the size of the stomach.
The results may be quite effective, but the operation is very complicated and risky, possibly even unsafe. However, many ridiculously brave, wealthy people are getting in line.
3 Popular Quick Weight Loss Diets
Here are some diets that promise quick weight loss:
It is important to keep in mind that a quick weight loss diet that works for your neighbor, co-worker or friends may not work as well for you.
In order to find out the diet that will best suit you, consult a trusted health care professional. Stick to the diet exactly as it is prescribed, otherwise you will not achieve the desired results.
Keep in mind that a single quick weight loss diet is not going to cure your weight issues. Generally, the cause of obesity is lack of physical activity, inability to cope with stress and a poor diet.
This is the reason so many people struggle with their weight on a regular basis, constantly searching for the secret to quick weight loss. Until you take control and make changes to your way of life, your weight will continue to fluctuate.
8 Popular Weight Loss Diets
The best solution to a healthy life is a well balanced diet combined with moderate activity for at least thirty minutes a day, three to five times a week, in addition to giving up any bad habits that may be affecting your health.
Here is a list of some of the most popular weight loss diets, which are a positive alternative to quick weight loss:
- The Atkins Diet – focuses on the control of insulin within the body.
- The Zone Diet – is based on a balance of 30% protein, 30% fats and 40% carbohydrates. It is also designed to control insulin levels.
- Vegetarian – includes Fruitarian vegetarian, Lacto vegetarian, Lacto-ovo vegetarian, ovo vegetarian, semi-vegetarian, living food vegetarian and pescovegetarian. The majority of vegetarians do not eat animal products with the exception of honey, dairy and eggs.
- Veganism – vegans do not eat any animal based products, including eggs, honey and dairy.
- The South Beach Diet – focuses on controlling the levels of insulin in the body and the benefits of unrefined carbohydrates.
- The Weight Watchers Diet – focuses on losing weight not only through diet and exercise, but also with the help of a support system.
- The Mediterranean Diet – focuses on the same nutritional habits as the people of Greece, Italy as well as Crete and most recently includes France, Portugal and Spain.
- The Raw Food Diet – focuses on only consuming foods and drinks that have not been processed and are totally plant-based and preferably organic.